Tennis Making a “Racket”

Tennis has become a great hobby for many girls at Herriman. From freshman to seniors, the team has a strong bond and it shows in their matches.

Megan Quinn (‘17) has played tennis for two years. Her family plays which makes her believe that she inherited some sort of skill. She’s always been a varsity player which is a huge accomplishment. After the season ends, she goes to camps, practices with friends, and keeps in shape so she can do even better the next season.

“After High School I would love to play college and maybe even professional if I’m good enough,” Quinn said.

Morgan Jensen (‘16) has played tennis for six years. This is her second year on the high school team and she is currently a varsity player.

“I absolutely love my team and the fact I can get away from my crazy everyday life,” Jensen said.

During her off-seasons she will practice as long as it’s warm. After high school she plans on continuing with club tennis but not college.

Emily Hansen (‘15) started playing tennis her junior year and is the captain of the team this year. When she quit volleyball, Emily decided she wanted to try something new and started tennis.

“I’m not going to play tennis competitively after I graduate, but I might play recreationally a little.” Hansen says.

During the off season, Hansen admits that she doesn’t practice as much as others, but stays focused on school. “I really only play during the season but once in a while I’ll go out and practice.”